- Your highest composite ACT/SAT score and cumulative GPA through the first semester (or second trimester).
- If you attend Black River High School, Holland High School, Holland Christian High School, West Ottawa High School, or one of the Zeeland high schools, CFHZ will contact your school’s counseling department for your transcript. If you attend any other high school or are a current college student or adult returning to school, you will need to upload your most recent academic transcript and ACT/SAT transcript in pdf, doc, or docx format.
- Your current year schedule of classes.
- A list of your extra-curricular school activities over the last four years.
- A list of your community and/or faith-based activities over the last four years.
- A list of the leadership positions you have held over the last four years.
- A list of the honors/awards you have received over the last four years.
- Your 300 word or less answer to our standard essay question: What are your future goals and how have your high school, college, or personal experiences shaped these goals?
- If applicable, additional essays or short answers (look at the criteria for each scholarship).
- Names and email addresses (work email addresses preferred) of two recommendation providers. Recommendations shall not come from your relatives. Certain scholarships require recommendations to come from specific adults (look at the criteria for each scholarship). Recommendations must be made online; recommendation forms are automatically transmitted when each scholarship application is received.
- A copy of the page of the Student Aid Report (SAR) that contains your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to upload in pdf, doc, or docx format. You will need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to get your SAR.
- The financial aid award letter from the school you plan to attend and any other financial aid notifications.
Employer-Related and Other Scholarships
The following scholarships have their own applications (not our general application). Click on the application links provided below or contact the office/person specified to obtain an application.
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 104 Police Academy Scholarship – Applications are due on August 1.
Larry and Jeanie Koops Family Scholarship – Applications are due on August 1.
J. Russel and Julia Bouws Scholarship Application – For Russ’ employees or the children or grandchildren of Russ’ employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 15.
Freedom Village Residents’ Scholarship Application – Interested student employees should contact Gwen Bartels at Freedom Village.
Integrated Fabric Resources, Inc. Employee Scholarship Application – For the children of IFR, Inc. employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 31.
Angie Kammeraad Nursing Scholarship Application – Interested hospital employees should contact the human resources office at Holland Hospital or Zeeland Community Hospital.
Karen and Larry Mulder Scholarship Application – For the children of ODL, Inc. employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 15.
Lillian Mulder Dalman Scholarship for Resthaven Employees Application – Interested employees should contact the human resources office at Resthaven.
Haworth Diversity Scholarship with Paid Work Experience – Click HERE to visit Haworth’s website…
Haworth Skilled Trades Scholarship Click HERE to visit Haworth’s website to learn more. Applications will be available on the Haworth website beginning on January 2. Applications are due at 5:00 p.m. EST on February 14.
Have Questions on CFHZ Scholarships?
For more information or questions about scholarships, contact Stacy Timmerman, Director of Scholarships via email.