Instructions and links to our scholarship applications are available below.
Most students will use our General CFHZ Scholarship Application to apply. The deadline is 5:00 p.m. (EST) on March 1.
Please note: Our employment-related scholarships and a few others have separate applications and/or due dates. Read below for instructions and due dates.
- Your cumulative GPA through the first semester or trimester.
- If you attend Black River High School, Hamilton High School, Holland High School, Holland Christian High School, West Ottawa High School, or one of the Zeeland high schools, CFHZ will contact your school’s counseling department for your transcript. If you attend any other high school or are a current college student or adult returning to school, you will need to upload your most recent academic transcript in pdf, doc, or docx format. If you are a college student, your college transcript is required.
- High school seniors only: a list of elective classes in your field of interest and college-level classes you have taken along with the grade you received.
- A list of your extra-curricular school activities over the last four years.
- A list of your community and/or faith-based activities over the last four years.
- A list of the leadership positions you have held over the last four years.
- Your 300 word or less answer to our standard essay question: What are your future goals and how have your high school, college, or personal experiences shaped these goals?
- If applicable, additional essays or short answers. Browse CFHZ Scholarships for the additional essay and short answer prompts.
- The email address (work email address preferred) of a recommender. See Recommendation Process tab for more information.
- The financial aid award letter (if available) from the top school you are considering and any other scholarship award notices.
- Documentation of your estimated Student Aid Index (SAI) amount. Your estimated SAI will be sent to you by the Department of Education in an email after you submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may send documentation of your estimated SAI to us in one of two ways: Option 1: Upload a copy of the Department of Education’s email showing the estimated SAI with your scholarship application. Option 2: separately email/forward the Department of Education’s email showing the SAI to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT 2024 FAFSA ANNOUNCEMENT
Our requirements regarding financial need documentation were updated on February 1, 2024, after the government announced there will be delays in the transmission of final SAI data.
The deadline for submitting the CFHZ scholarship application and documentation of the estimated SAI is 5:00 p.m. on March 1.
Students must update CFHZ with their final SAI no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 15 by emailing the single page of the FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS) with the SAI on it to email@example.com.
Before our March 1 application deadline, students who have filed the FAFSA and are experiencing issues not related to the government’s delay must email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for further instruction.
We anticipate it will take us longer than usual to vet financial need this year due to the governmental delays in issuing SAIs. Therefore, we also anticipate it will take us longer to notify students regarding our scholarship competition results. Our goal remains to notify students before May 1.
Do not begin the General CFHZ Scholarship Application until your first semester or first trimester grades and updated cumulative grade point average are available.
The application becomes available the first week of January each year. It is due at 5:00 p.m. on March 1, along with all supporting documents, and must be submitted online. No other electronic or paper submissions will be accepted.
Employer-Related and Other Scholarships
The following scholarships have their own applications (not our general application).
CLICK ON THE APPLICATION LINKS UNDERLINED BELOW or contact the office/person specified to obtain an application.
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 104 Police Academy Scholarship – Applications are due on April 1.
Global Concepts Enterprise, Inc. Founders’ Scholarship – For the children of Global Concepts Enterprise, Inc. employees. Step one applications are due on January 15.
J. Russel and Julia Bouws Scholarship Application – For Russ’ employees or the children or grandchildren of Russ’ employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 15.
Freedom Village Residents’ Scholarship Application – Interested student employees should contact Gwen Bartels at Freedom Village.
Integrated Fabric Resources, Inc. Employee Scholarship Application – For the children of IFR, Inc. employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 31.
Angie Kammeraad Nursing Scholarship Application – Interested hospital employees should contact the human resources office at Holland Hospital or Zeeland Community Hospital.
Karen and Larry Mulder Scholarship Application – For the children of ODL, Inc. employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 15.
Lillian Mulder Dalman Scholarship for Resthaven Employees Application – For Resthaven employees. Applications are due on March 15.
Haworth Diversity Scholarship with Paid Work Experience – Click HERE to visit Haworth’s website to learn more.
Haworth Skilled Trades Scholarship Click HERE to visit Haworth’s website to learn more.
Applications will be available on the Haworth website beginning on January 2. Applications are due at 5:00 p.m. EST on February 14.
Have Questions on CFHZ Scholarships?
For more information or questions about scholarships, contact Stacy Timmerman, Director of Scholarships via email.
¿Tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español?
Comuníquese con Mitch Doyle, el oficial del programa/consejera universitaria, por correo electrónico.