Contact Stacy Timmerman, Director of Scholarships via email.
1. Your highest composite ACT/SAT score and cumulative GPA through the first semester (or second trimester)
2. If you attend Black River High School, Holland High School, Holland Christian High School, West Ottawa High School, or one of the Zeeland high schools, CFHZ will contact your school's counseling department for your transcript. If you attend any other high school or are a current college student or adult returning to school, you will need to upload your most recent academic transcript and ACT/SAT transcript in pdf, doc, or docx format.
3. Your current year schedule of classes
4. A list of your extra-curricular school activities over the last four years
5. A list of your community and/or faith-based activities over the last four years
6. A list of the leadership positions you have held over the last four years
7. A list of the honors/awards you have received over the last four years
8. Your 300 word or less answer to our standard essay question: What are your future goals and how have your high school, college, or personal experiences shaped these goals?
9. If applicable, additional essays or short answers (look at the criteria for each scholarship)
10. Names and email addresses (work email addresses preferred) of two recommendation providers. Recommendations shall not come from your relatives. Certain scholarships require recommendations to come from specific adults (look at the criteria for each scholarship). Recommendations must be made online; recommendation forms are automatically transmitted when each scholarship application is received.
11. A copy of the page of the Student Aid Report (SAR) that contains your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to upload in pdf, doc, or docx format. You will need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to get your SAR.
12. The financial aid award letter from the school you plan to attend and any other financial aid notifications
Do not begin your general application until your first semester (or first trimester) grades and updated cumulative grade point average are available.
General scholarship applications are due at 5:00 p.m. on March 1 and must be submitted online No other electronic or paper submissions will be accepted..
General CFHZ Scholarship Application
The following scholarships have their own applications (not our general application). Click on the application links provided below or contact the office/person specified to obtain an application.
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 104 Police Academy Scholarship - Applications are due on August 1.
Larry and Jeanie Koops Family Scholarship - Applications are due on August 1.
J. Russel and Julia Bouws Scholarship Application - For Russ' employees or the children or grandchildren of Russ' employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 15.
Jayne Britt Parish Nurse Scholarship Application
Freedom Village Residents' Scholarship Application - Interested student employees should contact Gwen Bartels at Freedom Village.
Integrated Fabric Resources, Inc. Employee Scholarship Application - For the children of IFR, Inc. employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 31.
Angie Kammeraad Nursing Scholarship Application - Interested hospital employees should contact the human resources office at Holland Hospital or Zeeland Community Hospital.
Karen and Larry Mulder Scholarship Application - For the children of ODL, Inc. employees. Step 1 applications are due on January 15.
Larry and Jeanie Koops Family Scholarship - Available again in 2021
Lillian Mulder Dalman Scholarship for Resthaven Employees Application - Interested employees should contact the human resources office at Resthaven.
Haworth Diversity Scholarship with Paid Work Experience
Haworth Skilled Trades Scholarship
Individuals selected by the applicant to provide recommendations will be contacted directly via email when the applicant submits the General CFHZ Scholarship Application. A link to our online recommendation form will be provided. Only the online form will be accepted. Conversely, letters of recommendation mailed or emailed to the Foundation will not be accepted. Recommendations are due on March 5.
The recommendation rules above pertain to our general scholarships. If you are applying for a scholarship with a separate application, follow the rules found on that application.
If you want to learn more about the recommendation process, contact Stacy Timmerman, Director of Scholarships via email.
A Scholarship Success Story + advice from a current scholarship recipient
The stories of generosity behind some of our scholarship funds
85 East 8th Street, Suite 110, Holland, MI 49423 (616) 396-6590 Email us
Privacy Site Map