We Have the Expertise to Accept Virtually Any Asset
We work with donors, professional advisors, and local nonprofits to create individual plans tailored to donors’ specific interests and needs. Your clients can give virtually any asset, as we have the professional expertise to accept even the most complex forms of giving. We believe that when you give smarter, you are able to give more, which allows your clients to experience even greater joy with their charitable giving.
Giving comes from the heart, but it makes financial sense to give the most tax-efficient asset whenever possible. The Community Foundation is experienced with accepting non-cash gifts such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, closely held stock, real estate, life insurance policies, and retirement assets such as 401k and IRA accounts. We also frequently partner with donors on charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and charitable gift annuities. The possibilities are endless.
If giving is one of the values your client wants to pass along, we can certainly help. Your client supplies the passion and ideas, and we can supply the expertise and infrastructure.
Advantages of Working with CFHZ
We hope you’ll think of the Community Foundation first when you have your clients’ charitable interests in mind. The Community Foundation offers you and your clients several distinct advantages:
- Simplicity – A charitable fund with us is an easy, low-cost alternative to forming and administering a private foundation.
- Tax Benefits – We offer maximum federal and state tax benefits.
- Flexibility – We accept a wide variety of gifts and have a number of fund options to fit your clients’ needs.
- Community Impact – We are deeply involved with the needs in the community and can direct gift dollars to high-impact areas.
- Stability – Our standards for investment performance, donor services and grantmaking are published and publicly available. The Community Foundation has been a trustworthy steward of charitable gifts since 1951.
- Transparency – The administrative fees assessed by the Community Foundation are available at your request. Investment decisions and evaluation of investment performance are overseen by a volunteer committee of current and former board members and community leaders with expertise in investment analysis.
- Online Access for Your Clients – We offer DonorView, an online portal for donors to view their fund, add to their fund, make grant requests, and more.