Beal Family LAUP Scholarship
1. Graduating senior from one of the following high schools: Black River, Calvary Schools of Holland, Holland Christian, Holland Public, West Ottawa, Zeeland East or Zeeland West
2. Ethnic minority, preferably of Hispanic origin
3. The page of Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) amount is required with the scholarship application.
1. Quality of personal statement and interview
2. Financial need
3. School/community involvement
4. Strength of course load
Note: Finalists will be invited to interview with the LAUP scholarship selection committee.
J. Russel and Julia Bouws Scholarship Fund
1. College or college-bound student employed (or with a parent or grandparent employed) with Russ' Restarurants (Holland, Muskegon, Grand Haven, and Grand Rapids).
2. Enrolled or enrolling in a college or university in Michigan
3. 2.0 cumulative GPA minimum
4. The page of Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) amount is required with the scholarship application.
1. Academic achievement
2. Record of extra-curricular community interests and activities
3. Financial need
Careerline Tech Center Scholarship
Careerline Tech Center Scholarships are given to students who have excelled in their coursework at the tech center and are interested in pursuing a higher education.
Applications are available through the Careerline Tech Center.
Lillian Mulder Dalman Memorial Scholarship for Resthaven Employeees
This scholarship was established in memory of Lillian Mulder Dalman who was a lifelong Holland resident, wife, and mother of four. She was a very active member of the community and a great fan of Hope College Basketball. She spent the last eight years of her life within the Resthaven Care Community and because of the outstanding care she received there, her family chose to begin a scholarship in her honor to assist employees of the Resthaven Care Community who are pursuing a higher education degree.
Scholarship applicants will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
• Must be an active Resthaven Care Community employee in good standing for a minimum of one year
• Desire to pursue continued education full or part-time through a school, college, university, or licensed training program
• An essay stating professional goals
• Recommendation by a supervisor that speaks to the employee’s quality of care
• Financial need
SEPARATE APPLICATION PROCESS: Please download this PDF application.
Haworth Skilled Trades Scholarship
The Haworth Skilled Trades Scholarship is open to the public. Click here to learn more and to apply.
Integrated Fabric Resources, Inc. Employee Scholarship
1. Graduating high school senior or current college student
2. Dependent of a Integrated Fabric Resources, Inc. employee
3. Accepted to or currently attending a two or four-year accredited college, university or vocational/technical school
1. Academic achievement as demonstrated by high school or college GPA, class rank, and SAT score
2. Strong record of community involvement
Holland/Zeeland Promise Scholarship
The Holland/Zeeland Promise Scholarship was created to assist students who might not otherwise be financially able to pursue a college education in earning their bachelor's degree. The scholarship seeks to ensure that recipients have the resources they need to fulfill their dream of a college education and graduate as free of debt as possible. Selection is based on a range of factors including:
1. Financial need
2. Strong recommendation of an Upward Bound, Boys and Girls Club, or LAUP Adelante staff member based on the student’s involvement in one of these four organizations
3. Students’ demonstration of promise and motivation to achieve the goal of a college degree
4. Applicants should be graduating seniors from greater Holland/Zeeland area high schools or current full-time college students who graduated from an area high school.
*Please contact Upward Bound, Boys and Girls Club, or LAUP Adelante if you meet the criteria listed above and are interested in applying for this scholarship.
To learn more visit the Holland/Zeeland Promise website.
Kaminski Family Scholarship
The Kaminski Family Scholarship awards scholarships to graduating seniors who participate in the activities of one of the following youth agencies, Barnabas Ministries, Boys and Girls Club, Children’s Advocacy Center, and Rock Urban Youth Ministries. Interested applicants are asked to seek the support of their mentor or counselor from one of the above named organizations in completing the application. Scholarship applicants will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
1. Academic record demonstrating continuous improvement
2. Desire to attempt higher education
Samuel Meengs Scholarship Fund
1. Graduating senior from one of the following high schools: Black River, Calvary Schools of Holland, Holland Christian, Holland Public, West Ottawa, or Zeeland East or Zeeland West.
2. Accepted and enrolling at Hope College
3. 4.0 cumulative GPA minimum and SAT score of at least 1280
1. Academic achievement
2. Strength of course load
3. A record of community service and extra curricular activities
4. Involvement in high school sports, music, or the arts
Michigan Lakeshore Aquatics Scholarship
The Michigan Lakeshore Aquatics Scholarship recognizes and financially assists graduating MLA swimmers as they pursue post-secondary education. Eligible MLA swimmers are awarded one-time scholarships based on their membership standing rather than athletic or academic performance. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a swimmer must be:
1. A graduating high school senior
2. An active participant in good standing with MLA for the immediately preceding two years, at minimum. A swimmer or his/her family must have fulfilled all of MLA’s volunteer requirements.
3. Accepted and planning to continue his/her studies at any post-secondary institution
An application is not necessary for this scholarship. Rather, eligible swimmers will be notified via a mailing to their homes and invited to submit proof of volunteer hours and reflection letters..